Thursday, July 4, 2013

Independence.

Happy INDEPENDENCE day beautiful America.

I have never been a really patriotic/nationalistic person. I'm hardly interested in politics... forgive me if I choose to stay partly jaded on the issue. {I know perhaps I'll grow up and take more interest in it one day.} Today, I'm focusing on my own independence. I don't think in my entire life have I felt more driven and inspired to be an independent woman. I used to be so scared to be alone, on my own, or having to do things for myself! It may sound silly.. but it's the truth. I grew up a sheltered... spoiled... little girl. Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to act like I'm fully independent as of now. I am not. I am still a young girl just trying to stand on my own two feet. I'm okay with admitting that.

But I feel the need/want to be more of my own person every day.
That means more to me than I could even explain.
Yes, we all gotta grow up sometime.
Sometimes it just starts to click.

We all have our own journeys, this I know.

Living a life for myself and loving every minute of it.
It's nice to see the future looking so bright,
we need to let the sun shine into our lives!

You can do anything and everything if you set your mind to it.
Soooo... let's get to it!



+xo.

No comments: