Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Inspired by what moves me.

It couldn't have happened at a better time. When things fall apart, better things come together. When one door shuts, a few more open. When your heart breaks, it opens up more room for it to be filled with love, friendship, faith and hope.. Although I cannot, will not claim to be a perfect being. I strive to be the best that I can be. It's been a month since I turned 23. Almost 5 months since one of the most important things I *considered* to be a part of my life came to an end. It's really quite interesting how much can change in just a couple months: how the heart can heal, the mind can grow, outlooks and perspectives on life & my own purpose just evolve... thoughts & opinions on friendship, values, love & life/the pursuit of happiness just become clearer. That's really how it has been for the last 5 months. It's astounding really.

I feel like things fell apart, yet this time I chose to pull it together. It's crazy because I realize and can see how I have allowed life to just happen to me sometimes. I don't know how many times I've had to recognize and say it out loud, but it's so true. It's so easy to get lazy & not even realize it. In day to day dealings, it's easy to become accustomed to the monotony and the routine of everything. From being children we are conditioned to follow routine...not that this isn't a good thing because I do believe it is necessary to have one. However, I think what is rarely stressed enough in school is being able to be flexible with change and accepting that change is a natural part of life. Maybe it was just me, maybe I was the always resisting change and taking things for granted.



****
Seriously in the last 5 months, my outlook on life has become something so much more refined. I see my life for what it is now: something that has been given to me and something that I am constantly creating. Something that I have been ultimately blessed with. You can say what you want, people can say what they want...but I know life is special and whatever it is we do it with it and project onto others is our own doing.




~Post from July 2013~

No comments: