Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Power of a moment.

I realized this weekend.. how difficult is it to really capture a moment? It seems like one could spend his or her whole life chasing something that can never really be captured. It is just a mirage. So how does one capture it? Is it really so simple that it can seem complex...? The sole fact of being in the moment. Being here & now.

I have recognized how difficult it is for me to do that all the time. To be consistently in the here & now/having to constantly remind myself not to get ahead of myself: to put down my phone, to stop talking, to stop worrying about everything about me & around me.. to just be. There is a fine line between insecure and being consciously aware, and a fine line between being here and now--rather than there and unaware. It's a constant balance, a constant cycle that we must never forget, but we do.. I do. I get caught up in wanting to capture every moment and save it. I want to take it all and put it in some sort of time capsule, I just want to get a go pro and record my whole entire life's experiences... but that just isn't completely possible and it shouldn't be. It's true that most of life's best experiences and moments are just that.. things that happen that can only be best summed up as a memory stored in your brain and hopefully not lost.




****

This is why I daydream. This is why I write. This is why I replay most of these memories before I go to sleep at night.

I want to hold onto them in the best ways that I can.

No comments: