Monday, July 1, 2013

How we are connected.

As life goes on & I look back as I look forward.... I see a bunch of connections that sparked, caught fire, fell apart and then those which continued to surge through with so much electricity. How are we all connected? Is it love? Is it the need to feel accepted? Is it fate? Is it superficial or based on something else?

I believe that all connections form from our basic human need to interact: to be a part of something bigger than ourselves... The feeling of being connected has the ability to make us feel somewhat whole.

We connect on many different levels--and of course to a point.. to share what we have with one another. When is too much? How and why do those surging connections tend to burn out? It seems as if once a connection is formed, it would take a lot for it to just burn out... but sometimes it just short circuits. You know what I mean? Sometimes the connection happens so fast. [We get comfortable too quick] Sparks fly yet that connections just ceases to be.

I know I'm speaking metaphorically but I've just been thinking a lot about connections: how they're formed.. how they end.. why they end. It can be such a mystery but at the same time I think we all know. We knowingly and unknowingly create and cut off connections with each other all the time.

I don't know exactly where I'm going with this, I just wanted to put it out there..
The fact that we are all connected basically means that is what we will be forever. Everybody knows everyone who knows somebody who may feel as if they are nobody. Nobody is really nobody to anybody. Even if a connection is cut off, we know what was once there. They just become old spark plugs with a new generator. Memories of the past.

So while you're here, might as well make those connections. No need to worry about if it will last. These connections we make can be sacred. You may encounter somebody for a split second and then maybe they're gone, never to be seen in your life again. You may meet somebody and they could bring so much into your life and then one day... it just isn't like that anymore. They disappear from your world and that's it. The connection's gone.

No matter what kind of connections that are made, I believe that all of them are made for a reason... to teach each other and learn from each other. This world is such a big place, so why not make it a point to be connected with everyone and everything while you still can?


The world is ours. Spread your love high & low...


xoxo

No comments: