Sunday, October 30, 2011

Confusion:

is the name of the game;
but I don't wanna play it.
I feel like I climb so far only to fall back down a few steps again...
but it's my own fault.
I know I need to stop this because I just end up hurting myself and confusing myself even more.
What the fuck?
I don't want to say shit,
& then I just expect myself to get over it?

We don't wanna feel used or confused, but that is where we both lose.
Crazy in the mind with a sense of calm at the same time,
Throwing our emotions down the drain just to seem sane.
Morning comes but the sun fades away,
bringing darkness to a new day.

How can we expect things to change if we're still playing this silly game?

Saying and doing things we can't take back,
Trying to move forward and not look back...
I want to stay, but I have to leave..
Leaving us stuck in the middle of this tangled web we weave.
As the leaves change color & fall to the ground,
I have begun to get used to you not being around.

Please don't make a sound.
Your voice might just lead me back to you.

I don't know if I want to hear the truth,
I have a feeling I already know.
Just wanna let it go.
I do too, but then we make it so hard.
What's going on in our minds.. in our hearts?
Right now, I can't even tell what's better-- together or apart.

No comments: